|Poster:||Kimo C||Date:||Feb 3, 2007 5:49pm|
|Forum:||sflan||Subject:||Google Earthlink contract & Municipal Broadband Hearing THIS Wed 1/7 3pm PST|
· Do you have questions about the Google/Earthlink Wi-Fi plan?
· Are you concerned about coverage in your neighborhood? “Will I get
· What about the extra costs of hardware or faster service?
· How fast is the free service? Will I have consistent service?
· Who do I call if there is a problem?
· Is Digital Inclusion being addressed fully?
· Is the City giving away too much control like they did with cable TV
and electricity/natural gas?
· Who is the Budget Analyst anyway and what does he do?
· What kind of privacy can I expect from Google/Earthlink?
· What alternatives are there?
If these and other questions about the Google/Earthlink Wi-Fi project concern you, find out more and speak your mind at the first of a series of public hearings at City Hall.
WHEN: Wednesday, February 7th, 2007
TIME: 3:00pm (approximate start time)
WHERE: City Hall, Board Chamber, room 250, Budget and Finance Committee
Attached is a resolution that Supervisor McGoldrick has sponsored and a link to a report done by the San Francisco Budget Analyst tilted "Fiscal Feasibility Analysis of a Municipally-Owned Citywide Wireless Broadband Network."
(See attached file: WiFi Resolution.doc)
To view a copy of the Budget Analyst report, please visit:
Attachment: WiFi Resolution.doc